Shelby works exclusively in the practice of criminal law and also has previous experience in family law. She works in both our Brisbane and Gold Coast offices. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Arts (Criminology & Psychology) from Bond University.
In accordance with the Potts Lawyers collaborative approach, she works in conjunction with our directors. She regularly appears in courts in Brisbane and Southport as well as suburban courts across Queensland.
Shelby is focused on achieving the best possible results for her clients. She provides realistic and practical answers to her clients’ questions. Her clients know they have someone resolutely on their side who will thoroughly prepare their matter and canvas all options. She appreciates the serious implications for her clients and works hard to justify the trust placed in her as advocate.
She has had experience with a wide range of matters including:
- Drug offences (possession of dangerous drugs, production of dangerous drugs and drug trafficking)
- Traffic offences (drink driving, drug driving and speeding offences)
- Sexual offences (rape, sexual assault and child exploitation material)
- Property offences (stealing, fraud and robbery)
- Violent offences (assault and grievous bodily harm)
Shelby understands that, for her clients, the criminal justice system can be a daunting and unfamiliar experience. She aims to guide her clients through the process and ensure that they understand every step of the way.