Brisbane: (07) 3221 4999
Gold Coast: (07) 5532 3133
24 Hour Crime Line: 0488 999 980 or 18004POTTS
Level 1/420 George St,
Brisbane 4000
(07) 3221 4999
Gold Coast
44 Davenport St,
Southport 4215
(07) 5532 3133
24 Hour Crime Line
0488 999 980 or 18004POTTS







Re-offending Gang Leader Tiani Slockee Escapes Jail Time

Potts Lawyers > General Law News  > Re-offending Gang Leader Tiani Slockee Escapes Jail Time

Re-offending Gang Leader Tiani Slockee Escapes Jail Time

The female ringleader of a vicious youth gang attack on a policeman and his girlfriend has been re-sentenced for the crime after committing more offences while on probation.

But Tiani Slockee, now 19, has escaped actual jail time.

Slockee had admitted leading a group of 10 children and teens who bashed off-duty officer Rawson Armitage and his girlfriend Michelle Dodge as they took a night-time walk through Coolangatta in November 2007.

Police said the gang of boys and girls, whose members were aged as young as 11, attacked the couple “like a pack of animals” and celebrated with high-fives. Constable Armitage was left unconscious in a pool of blood.

Slockee, who was 17 at the time of the attack, pleaded guilty to assault causing bodily harm. She was sentenced in Southport District Court in 2008 to two years’ probation, having already served 91 days in custody.

“Neither of these attacks (on Armitage and Dodge) would have happened if it wasn’t for your disgraceful behaviour,” Judge John Newton told Slockee at the time.

Yesterday Slockee was back before Judge Newton after breaching her probation.

She had pleaded guilty in Southport Magistrates Court to four charges, including dangerous driving. The offences were committed last January, nine months after she was sentenced on the police bashing.

Slockee admitted leading police on a chase through Broadbeach while unlicensed and after she had been drinking. She was fined $1300 and disqualified for 12 months.

Because she breached her probation, she was re-sentenced in the District Court for the Coolangatta attack. Defence solicitor Paul Hamilton said Slockee had been through a traumatic time after one of her premature twin children died.

Judge Newton sentenced Slockee to six months’ jail, wholly suspended for 18 months.

No Comments

Leave a Comment

Click-To-Call Free Consultation